Checklist for the Essentials:
for PE - 1 polo shirt for PE, 1 pair of PE shorts, 1 pair of plimsolls
school backpack, water bottle
For the seriously messy kids and busy parents who need to get through the week just add a few pinafores, trousers, polos and extra tie to make you last from Monday to Friday without an extra washing.
A bit of expert mummy advice
- Mix and match the school related clothing with the high street or supermarket bargains
- No need for embroidered water proofs, fleeces... just wear your own
- Don't waste your money on an expensive blazer, ask your supplier if you can hire one
- Pencil cases are not really required, all pens and pencils are provided at the school
- Yummy lunch with a great choice is available in the school, so no big lunch box needed, just a wee tub for a mid-morning snack
- Don't forget your camera/phone, hankies and sunglasses for that precious first day at school... Your kids will love it, but I am not sure about you.
- If you can't wait for your child to start school - just wave the flag!